Call for Abstracts
IHV2019, Progress in HIV/AIDS: Challenges in 2020, welcomes submission of abstracts for original contribution to the field in the following areas (see session descriptions on Program webpage):
- Responses to HIV/AIDS Epidemic
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Strategies
- HIV/AIDS Epidemiology
- Epidemiology of HIV-Opioid Intersection
- HIV-Opioid Intersection: Closing the Gap
Abstracts will be accepted beginning April 15, 2019 (11:59 pm EDT). The deadline to submit an abstract for poster presentation has been extended to July 31, 2019 (11:59 pm EDT).
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- All presenting authors will be required to supply a short bio and photograph.
- Abstract submission requires all invited speakers and prospective poster presenters to be registered for the meeting. Poster presenters: No abstract will be placed in review until the presenting author has completed the meeting registration process.
- Abstract body is limited to 900 words. Poster abstract narratives should include an introduction, discussion, and conclusion. Although these sections do not need to be labeled as such, they should be clearly recognizable to the reader. Do not send supplemental materials with your abstract. Scoring of abstracts for poster consideration will be based solely upon abstract content.
- Total number of authors (including presenting author) will be limited to six (6). The names of all authors (presenting and corresponding), their organizations, and educational credentials must be included in the abstract submission.
- Abstracts may only be submitted via the link below.
- Submitting an abstract authorizes IHV and JAIDS (Journal of AIDS) permission to publish the data contained therein (invited speaker and accepted poster abstracts).
Abstract Review and Scholarship Opportunity
All abstracts submitted for poster presentation will be reviewed and scored by a minimum of two members of the International and Local Scientific Organizing Committees for scientific merit and relevance. Up to ten scholarships will be awarded to cover lodging at the Four Seasons Baltimore for the duration of the meeting (maximum stay: 3 nights).
Scholarship selection will be based upon the following criteria, in this order: (1) scientific merit; and (2) under-represented individuals. Announcement of selected abstracts for poster presentation and notification of scholarship awards will be made by August 15, 2019.